Senior Data Engineer
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
We are looking for an experienced mid to senior level Data Engineer to join our Supplier Services team that helps businesses connect with over 500,000 suppliers in their sourcing needs. Our product and service suite is designed to help suppliers attract, convert, and retain customers in the industrial space. You will play a crucial role in a rapidly growing part of the Xometry business, and everything you do will matter.
This is the perfect opportunity if you are a self-starter who is up for a new challenge in a fast-paced, energetic, and constantly changing environment.
You will help move our platform to the next level. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative team to jointly design and implement high visibility applications. This is an ideal position if you are an experienced data engineer and you want to be part of a small, intensely skilled team, who feel total ownership of their work, and can’t imagine a day without learning & coding.
What you will do
- Active participation on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers
- Close collaboration with other engineers and product managers to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Assemble data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build analytics models that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- Maintain data pipelines and perform any changes or alterations as requested.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Managers, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Develop data models for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing data
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Design and Develop data transformation program in Python and other programming languages based on use case and business requirements
- Create software to automate bulk updates to database objects
- Develop deployment and release of functionality through software integration to support devops and CI/CD pipelines
- Develop automated test to catch any issues during software deployments
Who are you
- 3+ years of prior experience as a software engineer or data engineer in a fast-paced, technical, problem-solving environment
- Cloud Data Warehouse experience - Redshift/Snowflake
- Event tracking experience - Segment, Tealium
- Design experience with Relational Model, Dimensional Model, 3NF, Data Vault
- Data modeling best practices for transactional and analytical processing
- SQL, Querying JSON and XML
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS data ecosystem like RDS, Data Migration Service, S3, Athena, Kinesis and others
- Experience working in and with DevOps/Site Reliability environment and teams
- Ability to work with APIs - Familiarity with technologies such as REST or GraphQL
- Ability to design and propose a solution with a variety of data formats and data stores
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Understanding of web application architectures like micro-services, domain driven design, service-oriented architecture
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 3,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.#LI-Hybrid
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Here at Xometry we believe in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.