Account Executive II, Supplier Sales
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Thomas, A Xometry Company is the number one advertising platform and digital marketing service provider for manufacturing businesses looking to drive opportunities from our Thomasnet.com audience of 1.4M+ highly qualified procurement professionals and engineers, and grow their own website audience to scale their business. Our product and service suite is designed to help suppliers attract, convert, and retain customers in the industrial space.
As an Account Executive II, you will work with North American manufacturing companies to understand their needs, help them set a strategy to generate new opportunities, and drive new business growth. The ideal candidate will pursue leads and use the latest technology to target 500K+ potential customers to help them understand what their businesses will gain by partnering with us. The ideal candidate loves to peel back the onion and discover key pain points a business is encountering, and will bring curiosity to the conversation and truly want to create long-term success for a business! If you’re a driven, curious, persistent and great teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Self-sufficient in Initiating, identifying, prospecting and targeting new leads. Sales opportunities are focused on closing new business, renewal business, and cross-sell and up-sell initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts, contracts, contacts and business relationships in order to meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales quota objectives.
- Maintain a high level and focus on consultative solution-based selling of our highest value products and services.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenue goals.
- Ability to use an extensive database, develop pipelines for new accounts, and close new business programs.
- Manage a book of existing business while driving the majority of business through new business and proactive outreach and selling efforts.
- Research, uncover and target key decision-makers in order to initiate the sales process, provide solutions and close new business opportunities.
- Proactive clear and concise communication with clients and accounts to ensure satisfaction with Thomasnet programs and solutions on a regular cadence.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to document and track customer projects, and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all prospect and customer inquiries, requests and concerns are resolved in an urgent, professional and personable manner.
- Provide compelling product demos emphasizing service value and benefits, discussing contract terms, quoting prices, negotiations and ultimately closing sales.
- Develop new account sales plans in order to achieve individual goals.
- Regular travel required to meet with customers and potential customers onsite.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possess a high digital acumen and has the ability to deliver complex digital marketing solutions.
- 5+ years experience in a direct account executive or indirect sales role (B2B sales experience is preferred); or equivalent relevant experience.
- Self-starter mindset with an inquisitive approach and ability to sell complex digital solutions.
- Solid project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a level of autonomy and self-direction.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong CRM experience with Salesforce or similar systems.
- Familiarity in programs such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom/WebEx/GoToMeeting.
- Understand how technology products and services and solutions can solve business problems.
- Coachability: you bring a growth mindset every day and feel excited to learn from your peers! Feedback empowers you.
- Ability to build a consistent new business revenue pipeline.
- Commitment and curiosity to stay current with industry trends.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Here at Xometry we believe in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.