Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is a rapidly growing startup that is transforming American manufacturing. Our proprietary instant quoting technology and nationwide network of manufacturers provides a streamlined on-demand manufacturing experience that is unparalleled in the market. Custom manufacturing is a $60 billion industry in the United States, and it is our mission to provide advanced manufacturing capabilities to customers of all sizes - from Fortune 500 companies and government agencies to small businesses and startups.
We are looking for a senior- to staff-level software engineer to join our software engineering organization. You will help our team. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative team to evolve our instant-quote product and the technology platform behind it. This is an ideal position if you are an experienced software engineer who also has previous leadership experience. You want to be part of a small, intensely skilled team, who feel total ownership of their work, and can’t imagine a day without learning & coding. You will play a crucial role in the Xometry platform and everything you do will matter.Your role will involve:
- Technology and software design leadership on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers
- Close collaboration with other engineers and product managers to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including deploying services into an AWS and kubernetes environment and taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
In return you will bring:
- Required: 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced technical, problem-solving environment as a software developer and team lead
- Required: Demonstrable understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Required: Knowledge of HTML, CSS, DOM web programming.
- Required: Knowledge and demonstrated experience in at least two of React, Python, and Rust
- Desired: Experience with build and testing technologies using one or more of the following Git/Github actions, GitLab.
- Required: Experience with software engineering principles related to security, scalability, asynchronous programming and transactions
- Desired: Demonstrated knowledge of principles of service-oriented architectures and ability to lead efforts in defining and implementing a service strategy
- Desired: Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases with understanding of Normalization/Denormalization, Constraints, Transactions, Replication, and Sharding
- Required: attention to detail, good work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and good communication skills
- Required: You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
What’s in It for You?
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter, Dependent Care, Primary & Secondary Parental Leave, and 401K benefit options
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Here at Xometry we believe in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.