Sr. WordPress Developer
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
We are looking for a Senior WordPress Developer to architect, build, and maintain a delivery framework for websites. You are a team leader who combines the art of design with the discipline of programming. Responsibilities will include the implementation and maintenance of multiple custom hand crafted frameworks, and will be responsible for analyzing and tuning page load times to achieve maximum application performance. This developer will need to interface closely with the existing teams to maintain highly optimized site applications.
- Architect, build, and maintain and maintain a delivery framework for websites
- Produce new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Optimize application for maximum performance and scalability
- Deliver functional - testable code on or before due dates
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders utilizing Agile methodologies
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable proficiency in HTML5, CSS3 and Sass
- Proficient understanding of ES6+
- Demonstrable proficiency with CSS Grid, Flexbox
- Proficient understanding of accessibility in WordPress themes and page design
- Demonstrable understanding of npm task runners such as WebPack
- Knowledge of Front-End Testing and Tooling
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs, AJAX and GraphQL
- Demonstrable proficiency in Google Tag Manager
- A strong understanding of WordPress APIs, theme hierarchy and custom Gutenberg block development
- Demonstrate proficiency with modern team and project management tools such as Jira and Slack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good documentation skills are a must
- Must be permanent resident of the US
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible time off + 13 Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Here at Xometry we believe in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.