Director of Accounting
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is seeking a highly experienced Director of Accounting with strong demonstrated experience. Reporting to the Vice President & Controller. The Director of Accounting will play a critical role in leading our accounting team, ensuring a strong financial foundation, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements. The Director of Accounting is considered part of the Finance & Accounting's Leadership Team and an expert in their field. The position will supervise one or more departments in their functional area and is expected to demonstrate all the leadership behaviors set forth by the Company in the manner in which they lead.
The Incumbent is responsible for maintaining strong financial internal controls and driving decisions that impact the Finance & Accounting organization. Additionally, this position is considered a visible resource across the enterprise, including members of the executive leadership team.
- Direct the management of the monthly closing of the financial systems, recording of accruals and reserves as appropriate, ensuring that all activities are executed in a timely manner and in accordance with associated accounting policies, procedures and guidelines.
- This function includes control over both the GAAP and STAT general ledger production and required analysis to ensure complete and accurate monthly financial statements.
- Directs and coordinates the successful completion of external audits. Coordinate external audits and tax planning activities, serving as the primary point of contact with auditors and tax authorities.
- Orchestrate the preparation and presentation of the analysis of the monthly financial results, with emphasis on key performance indicators and actual versus plan results for presentation to Executive management.
- Establish a close working relationship with operations to provide information on the trending and issues related to financial results. Communicate findings to management through written and oral presentations.
- Continual monitoring and assessment of the analytical tools and reports utilized with a focus on systems and process enhancements supporting financial management of the company.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of internal accounting controls. Ensure that accounting processes and operational functions are designed effectively to meet standard internal and GAAP controls and are implemented and consistently performed for all related Controller activities.
- Support financial leadership, contribute to financial decision-making, and foster overall business growth.
- Collaborate closely with the manufacturing team to understand production costs, inventory management, cost accounting, etc. Support budgeting related to manufacturing operations.
- In conjunction with Finance, support the preparation and analysis of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and other financial performance metrics, by assuring a strong accounting foundation.
- Manage and develop a high-performing accounting team, fostering a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CPA Certification (or international equivalent)
- Strong understanding of SOX requirements and compliance
- Proven experience in external financial audits Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations.
- Strong analytical capabilities with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and key accounting principles
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven experience as a Director of Accounting or a similar senior financial leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Here at Xometry we believe in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to welcoming, respecting, and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all.
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.