Territory Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Lexington, KY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
As a Territory Development Representative at Xometry, you’ll help our future customers understand how Xometry can change the way their low-volume manufacturing needs are met. You’ll join a talented team that is passionate about revolutionizing a market place and focused on maximizing Xometry’s impact and success. Territory Development Representative at Xometry have the opportunity to achieve personal and business goals by working closely with a variety of customers, as well as their peers across different functions of the organization.
- Identify potential customers, and the decision makers within the customer’s organization.
- Convert new leads and prospects into customers.
- Research and build relationships with new customers.
- Contacting potential customers via phone or email to establish rapport and set up meetings via web meetings.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing products/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Communicate and leverage key constituents to secure and retain business.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Provide sales forecast targets and opportunities and ensure goals are achieved.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Participate in ongoing training and mentoring programs.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- WebEx/GoToMeeting, CRM experience preferred, but not required
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Excellent Communication & presentation skills; written, spoken and group
- Good business sense
- Negotiation Skills
- Plenty of initiative & results driven
- A positive attitude
What's in it for you?
- Competitive comp (base + uncapped commission)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
See more open positions at Xometry
Something looks off?