Sr. Business Development Manager, Injection Molding Sales
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new business for customers primarily in the medical, consumer electronics, industrial and automotive industries. This will include developing an understanding of their need for prototype parts and bridge production tooling. You will demonstrate the higher value of our offer and grow our share of business.
This role is ideal for candidates who are familiar with injection molding, are achievement-oriented and will think outside-the-box to exceed annual sales goals through strong collaboration with partners and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is success-driven, fast-paced, and works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
Picture yourself, an integral part of the Xometry sales and marketing team, spending your days in constant communication with teammates, internal stakeholders, customers, all while developing or strengthening a deep understanding of the 50 billion dollar low-volume manufacturing industry in America.
Primary duties will include but are not limited to:
● Building relationships, projecting company values of trust, service, and honesty, identifying strategic long-term clients, developing attractive and profitable injection molding and value-added service proposals, and ultimately securing substantial and repeatable orders.
● Develop business with existing and new customers
● Create and actively manage plans to reach specific sales objectives, profitable growth, and market share/image improvement.
● Provide technical expertise and assist customers in selecting the best rapid manufacturing technology for their development projects.
● Be the contact person for all new projects related to prototyping and low volume production.
● Provide guidance to our sales engineering team to develop quotes based on specific customer needs. Ensure new customer requirements are collected and made available for internal departments to initiate project management.
● Deliver technical presentations at customer seminars and industry events.
● Collect and report industry trends, competitor information, customer events.
Who you are:
● Bachelor’s Degree Required
● 2+ years of injection molding sales experience -OR- 4 years of manufacturing sales experience
● Proven closer of high velocity sales as well as long-duration sales cycle projects
● Microsoft Office & Google Suite proficiency
● Zoom/Teams/Hangouts, CRM experience preferred, but not required
● Demonstrated prospecting and sales planning skills
● Excellent Communication & presentation skills; written and verbal
● Negotiation Skills
● Results driven
● High energy, positive attitude and comfortable engaging and selling customers
● Able to work well in a fast-paced startup environment
● Experience with 3D CAD modeling software helpful
● Engineering or Manufacturing background preferred
● Ability to work well in a team environment
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
See more open positions at Xometry
Something looks off?