Assistant Clinical Professor of Mental Health and Well-Being
University of Kentucky
The University of Kentucky School of Human Environmental Sciences is seeking an Assistant Clinical Professor of Mental Health and Well-Being to provide statewide leadership in the areas of mental health and well-being. This is a twelve-month (non-tenure eligible), Clinical Title Assistant Professor, position at the University of Kentucky. The position will be held within the School of Human Environmental Sciences. The anticipated distribution of effort is 95% Extension, 5% Service. The distribution of effort is reviewed annually and may include teaching effort in the future.
• Provide leadership in planning, delivering, and evaluating research-based youth and adult mental health Extension programming.
• Develop educational materials, develop and conduct in-service training for county agents, and collaborate with resident faculty and other Extension specialists, county agents, and state-wide stakeholders to address the mental health and well-being related needs of diverse families.
• Implement applied research relative to the needs of Kentucky families and publish findings in refereed journals.
• Establish and maintain a strong, extramurally funded Extension programming that enhances the lives of Kentucky families.
• Participate in departmental and collegiate governance and professional organizations.
• Contribute toward the College strategic plan goal of producing “innovative solutions through multidisciplinary collaborations.”
This position is expected to support mental health and well-being programming with an emphasis on serving rural and limited resource populations, in addition to providing technical assistance to County Extension Agents and local community partners to promote mental health and emotional well-being across Kentucky.
Application Procedure: Application must be submitted online at the University of Kentucky website: https://ukjobs.uky.edu. Application additionally requires a cover letter of application including a combined statement of Extension applied research interests and vision for their program with assessment strategies at the University of Kentucky (limit six pages – upload under Cover Letter), a curriculum vita (with hyperlinks to available materials as appropriate), a statement of teaching philosophy (upload under Specific Request #1), and the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application.
Employment at UK is subject to fund availability and comes with diverse rewards, focusing on your total wellbeing and career development, with leadership striving to provide a strong work-life integration. The university generously contributes to employees’ retirement plans, medical coverage, and life insurance. In addition, UK offers optional benefits such as dental and vision insurance, additional retirement plans and much more. To learn more about these benefits, please visit: www.uky.edu/HR/benefits.
The search committee will begin reviewing materials December 15, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date by July 1st, 2024.
Applicants may direct questions to:
Amy Kostelic, PhD
Email: [email protected]
Search Committee Chair
University of Kentucky School of Human Environmental Sciences