Digital Sr Network Program Manager - Field Based/ Mid-Atlantic Region (KY, TN, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, or MD) - 2202226
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Digital Senior Network Program Manager will work to engage contracted network physicians through a defined service model to engage them in use of EMR embedded digital tools. This position will be responsible for the daily management of engagement efforts in a region and will work closely and will be aligned to a regional Network Contracting teams, Operations teams and Clinical Performance in a defined Digital Account Management Model. Network Program Managers will lead the execution of all responsibilities related to performance network engagement, coordination of EMR specific demos, affordability language around referral needs and tiering, performance and adoption coaching once digital tools are embedded.
This is a field based position with 50% travel. You must reside in the following states: KY, TN, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, or MD.
- Primary execution and coordination lead for performance management initiatives including work with external providers on the most appropriate use of the network, adoption of point of care or EMR integrated enablement technology, self-service adoption, affordability targets and overall education
- Continued NPS improvement for physicians and practice managers
- Provide day-to-day management of performance management activities, including project management, reporting, coaching, implementation, problem resolution with defined service partners and other activities to assist in the facilitation of a successful relationship with assigned providers/book of business
- In partnership with markets and clinical performance operate as provider adoption leader for all interoperability initiatives including Order Utility and other affordability digital solutions as created.
- Conduct proactive outreach to external network stakeholders to demonstrate the value of the Order Utility service and offering.
- Work effectively across the UHG Enterprise including collaboration with HCE, LOB Leaders, UCS, Product, Operations & Optum Services with a goal to increase clinical exchange interoperability partnerships between providers and UHG
- Interface with Senior Leadership and key individual from Independent Practices and Health Systems to drive performance management, act as subject matter expert and support needed practice workflow changes
- Ensure performance data is shared at specified intervals so practices understand how they are performing on timely basis, and can improve performance to set benchmarks
- Communicates financial and non-financial incentive programs to impacted provider segments and engages in programs as applicable.
- Manages internal and external communication and leads internal and external provider meetings (clinical, data, legal, JOC) to insure practice activation delivers maximum value and collaborative efforts are completed
- Follow up on open issues and document interactions including maintaining trackers, logging in CRM and documenting action items and follow up
- Understand and guide providers to appropriate non-Network service models to escalate service issues
- Accurately and effectively communicate performance status to contracting or clinical leadership partners
- Appropriately prioritize and escalate performance issues to contract leadership in support of ongoing relationship management
- Recommend data/report enhancements based on practice clinical team feedback
- Engagement of adoption network practices into future adoption efforts
- Meet individual affordability and engagement performance metrics set for the Network organization
- Other Ongoing Network Responsibilities as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of project management expertise
- 5+ years of experience in health plans or provider experience, with a demonstrated focus on HPP/value based contracting, population health management, or physician incentive programs
- Proficiency with MS Office, SharePoint, and customer management software
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with contract reimbursement methodologies
- Proven solid analytical, critical reasoning and organizational skills
- Willing or ability to 50% travel within a market/state/region to meet face to face with provider organizations
- Past work in sales, service or coaching efforts with providers/customers
- Past work in EMR or digital tool deployment
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under time constraints
- Proven solid customer service skills
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven solid interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment