Emergency Department Patient Registration Representative - Owensboro, KY - 2206086
Opportunities at Owensboro Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Our team of talented people works to improve the health outcomes of the communities we serve. As an Optum employee, you will provide support to the Owensboro health account. They are a nonprofit system with over 200 providers at more than 20 locations, 3 outpatient facilities, a certified medical fitness facility, a surgical weight loss center and the Mitchell Memorial Cancer Center. We are continually searching for people like you to help us provide the most innovative health care services. Join a team that will make you feel valued and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to any shift between the hours of 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and every other weekend based on business need. Our office is located at Owensboro Regional Hospital, 1201 Pleasant Valley Rd, Owensboro, KY, 42303.
We offer 6 weeks of paid on-the-job training: 2 weeks on – site (EMR training & 1:1 training) and an additional 4 weeks with mentor. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule. Training will be conducted on – site.
- Greet patients
- Coordinate patient flow to reduce wait times
- Assist patients with intake processes
- Collect co – payments, co – insurance, and deductibles
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
- Duties include but not limited to:
- Confirms eligibility and verifies insurance benefits
- Ensures all necessary demographic and billing information is obtained for patients and entered in the computer system timely and accurately
- May schedule appointment times using computerized scheduling programs
- Explains financial responsibilities for services received, payment options, and collection procedures to patients and / or parties responsible for payment
- Counsels patients regarding insurance benefits and recommends alternative sources of payment and / or financial assistance when appropriate
- Accepts payments and co – pays
- Communicates effectively with insurance companies, external agencies, patients, physicians, and team members
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi – task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of experience with Customer Service
- Ability to work any full-time shift between the hours of 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM from Monday – Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and every other weekend based on business need
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- 1+ years of related work experience, including data entry
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- ICD 9 OR 10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience in emergency department
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.