Payment Posting Specialist - 2203116
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Hours: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Location: Our office is located at Owensboro Health Business Center, 2511 Frederica St., Owensboro, KY 42301
- Posts payments based on explanation of benefits (EOBs) from insurance companies and government agencies in an accurate and timely manner
- Posts patient/guarantor payments received in person or via mail in an accurate and timely manner
- Transfers, adjusts, and refunds payments when appropriate for accounts
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of Daily Cash Report that is disseminated to Leadership
- Must have the ability to understand and direct patients with appeals, grievances, and complaints to the appropriate individual or agency
- Responsible for preparing and ensuring accuracy of bank deposits from multiple locations
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. You’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with EOB insurance remit and payment posting all within medical billing
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work onsite at Owensboro Health Business Center, 2511 Frederica St., Owensboro, KY 42301 for 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm (and occasional overtime as needed by the business)
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e., office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.