Epic Analyst (Optime / Anesthesia) - 2177896
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Lead all phases (e.g., design, build and testing) of small to medium size application projects including Epic software upgrades, adoption of new Epic functionality and/or significant enhancements to integrated workflows
- Provide Epic product function expertise for the design, build, and testing for assigned module(s), including but not limited to optime
- Collaborate with end users to design, scope, and build Epic enhancements and configure system build to resolve incidents in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Provide technical and or clinical consultation including application configuration and integration with third party applications. Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develop, support, and maintain workflow documentation, test scripts and configuration guides for core pieces of application functionality
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
- Develop solid relationships with operational stakeholders, customers, and business partners
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree e.g., Associate, Bachelor, Master, or a 3+ years of healthcare experience
- Active / current Epic certification in at least one area, e.g., Optime and Anesthesia
- 2+ years Epic experience or 5+ years direct clinical experience
- Direct client healthcare domain knowledge such as clinical documentation workflow, Surgical workflows, and patient flow
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, USA domestic locations
- Experience with device integration
- Proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Reside in greater Owensboro, KY or willing to travel at a regular interval
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic’s suite of EMR applications
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain solid internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a solid ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group, and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate solid relationship management skills and ability to manage challenging interpersonal situations
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.