Editor & Motion Designer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Compensation: See below
- Company Contact: [email protected]
Thesis Education is a B2E Tech-Savvy Publisher, building a portfolio of interactive and engaging curriculum solutions. Our “Thesis” is simple - that the engagement and efficacy of K-16 content, curriculum, and its delivery, can and should be generationally and dramatically improved.
Thesis is looking for a Video Editor & Motion Designer to help further our mission. Thesis currently offers the following solutions in K-16 education:
- BusinessU delivers turn-key, standards-aligned high school business courses and curriculum.
- AgricultureU delivers turn-key, standards-aligned high school agriculture courses and curriculum.
- Prodigies Academy is an engaging, interactive, standards-based, turn-key and fully-customizable, K-5 video-based curriculum for general music education.
- Collabra Music is an interactive practice engagement and accompaniment platform for 6-16 music and performing arts education.
All four platforms work on all browsers, and all devices, and are fully-integrated with the major LMS providers, including Google Classroom, Canvas, Clever, MS Teams, and Schoology.
This role will help us enhance the media production arm of Thesis, with a focus on producing content for BusinessU and AgricultureU.
We are looking for a Video Editor & Motion Designer who is competent in:
- Video Editing: Use Premiere Pro and After Effects to create engaging, interactive, high quality content/curriculum and promotional videos.
- Motion Graphics: Create custom motion graphics to use in our video catalog.
- Manage Workflow: Own the content creation process by managing post production workflow, keeping in step with the media demands of the company. Multiple projects will need to be managed simultaneously.
- Content Development: We would like this role to grow into a more comprehensive content development role which would include working on all forms of content including: graphic design, video, audio, motion graphics, etc.
- #StartupLife: We are a growing company, so it’s often all hands on deck - no job is beneath us. Be ready for a fast-paced environment where your priorities may shift at any moment. Be prepared to wear multiple hats.
Who We’re Looking For:
This position is for a self-starting creative who is passionate about solving problems to improve the world and the customer experience, is obsessed with learning, is persistent and perceptive, collaborative and kind, detail-oriented and diligent, humble, strategic, has a strong work ethic, and sees the value of having fun along the way.
The job isn’t a job, it’s a lifestyle. We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in film, videography, motion graphics, video production, art, design, or 2-4 years of related work experience in a post production role.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and/or Photoshop. Videography experience. I.e. lighting, audio, green screen, b-role, etc is preferred.
- A background in graphic design, using programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch is preferred.
- Strong interest and comfortability working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Technologist. i.e. you are comfortable with using modern software and not timid to learn new technology/software.
- Attention to detail when managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- May require some nights and weekends, with minimal travel.
Welcome to start-up life. This is serious work, for serious people, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We know we either grow, or we don't. It’s all hands on deck, all pushing a rock up a hill, a hill with an unknown summit. That is to say, at all times, someone has to hold the baby. We kindly communicate and occasionally sarcastically rebut, smiley face emoji. Grit, we bootstrap, we get er done. We think this work is fun, really fun, but we honor ahem encourage ahem require work-life balance. We honor that we all bring our whole lives and stories to our collective efforts to singularly focus on our mission, so that our vision may become manifest. We serve. We push, but it never comes to shove. We walk the talk. We trust each other.
Thesis hopes to leverage our People via our unique collection of experiences, skills and traits, well-suited for this journey; our Purpose for delivering transformative, even disruptive, solutions; our Passion i.e. this is what we lose sleep over; our Platform via our underlying robust scalable software/technology LMS engine; and our Playbook via our proven track record, muscle memory, rolodex, routines, systems and processes we use to grow and monetize B2E solutions.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Annual Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Bonus Opportunity: ~10% of salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision: Yes
- Travel: Includes minimal travel for education conferences.
- Location: Thesis HQ is in Lexington, KY.