Regional Sales Representative
This is a hybrid role that requires the candidate to work in office 3 days a week.
The Lexmark Regional Sales Representative (RSR) is an intermediate-level territory sales management role to develop and maintain account relationships with select dealers in a specific region/territory. This will include managing, planning and executing all sales activities, training events, and marketing opportunities with the dealer accounts for a region with the main emphasis on exceeding sales targets for continued growth and profitability. The dealers could specialize in a variety of segments including IT, Supplies, Copiers, and others.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated salesperson seeking the next step in their sales career with the strategic growth segment of the Lexmark Channel Sales organization.
Core capabilities include:
Ability to identify new revenue opportunities for dealers utilizing offerings from Lexmark including hardware, software, and services. Proven ability to work with a dealer, identifying industry specific trends, challenges and opportunities. Responsible for delivering and/or coordinating resources to provide consistent and quality sales, service and solutions training. Conducts quarterly business reviews with partner executives to review mutual revenue and strategic objectives. Strong relationship building skills along with excellent communication and persuasion skills. Must be able to identify needs of dealership and quickly determine appropriate program, offers, and resources needed from Lexmark to maximize partner sales revenue.
This will primarily be accomplished via telephone sales activity through which the RSR will be expected to develop relationships with resellers to foster loyalty and ultimately sales of Lexmark products and services. The role is within Lexmark’s Channel organization which is tasked with driving sales into the small to medium business segment through business partners, IT resellers and copier dealers selling the company's products and/or services. Required telephone activity will include: identifying decision makers, determining customer needs, identifying features and benefits, overcoming customer objections and training resellers on Lexmark Products. The RSR will be accountable for meeting substantial sales targets through the Lexmark reseller partners within their territory.
The RSR will be responsible for managing their individual territory and performing various tasks to drive sales in the territory. These will include, but will not be limited to:
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- Developing relationships at the owner/principal/rep level to make partners more loyal to Lexmark and to sell more Lexmark offerings.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with partner sales contacts to earn a trusted advisor status with partners, gain loyalty and sell more Lexmark offerings in turn.
- Providing partner sales contacts with training or communication on program offers and Lexmark’s value proposition to facilitate increased sales.
- Identifying, qualifying and closing opportunities in coordination with partner sales contacts
- Meeting outbound call and talk time targets to ensure appropriate sales activity levels are maintained
- Resolving and escalating customer and partner concerns or issues
- Recommending appropriate products and offering product related assistance to help drive sales
- Engaging appropriate internal Lexmark teams and resources to win business for Lexmark
Additionally, the RSR will be expected to understand Lexmark order, pricing and supply chain processes so as to provide insight and information to resellers when needed. Through performing these functions, the RSR should establish his or herself as a valued asset that Lexmark resellers can contact to receive education on Lexmark products, programs, pricing and value proposition. Regular reviews and communication with management and sales teams will be expected in order to understand areas of success and concern as Lexmark constantly seeks to improve the level of service offered to its resellers and partners. Activity management and tracking will be required.
- 2+ years of sales experience required.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and database applications
- Determination and drive to assist in sales efforts
- Ability to assemble data from multiple sources to solve problems
- Ability to communicate in a convincing manner
- Ability to adapt and learn new concepts quickly
- Initiative to solve problems and complete tasks quickly
- Technical hardware background preferred
- Sales coaching or training experience preferred
- Prior outbound sales experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
*Relocation is not offered for this position. Preference will be given to candidates currently living in or commutable to Lexington, KY.
How to Apply ?
Are you an innovator? Here is your chance to make your mark with a global technology leader. Apply now!
We are proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Global Privacy Notice
Lexmark is committed to appropriately protecting and managing any personal information you share with us. Click here to view Lexmark's Privacy Notice.