Field Service Technician - Yakima, WA
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies equipment. Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinate product solution. Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors, and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
This position is for an onsite customer dedicated position in the Yakima, WA area. Responsible for the overall remedial and scheduled service for customer devices under contract. Provides quality service execution performance to meet or exceed Customer commitments resulting in high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Onsite Service Technician supporting large Healthcare facility. M-F work shift.
- Delivery and installation of printer supplies, maintains and repairs equipment.
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to Lexmark representatives to coordinate product solution.
- Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Conduct technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors, and company representatives.
- Work within multiple systems to accept and respond to dispatched service and supply calls within Customer SLA commitments.
- Accurately diagnose, repair and maintain product(s) and accessories in peak operating condition within published electrical, mechanical, and print quality specifications.
- Effectively schedule calls to manage SLA requirements across assigned activities.
- Ensure regular and effective communications with customers to ensure awareness of call acceptance, ETA, status, and closure.
- Assist customer with any reported issues or questions on customer product(s).
- Train Customer on appropriate usage of customer product & features.
- Ensure proper repair and maintenance procedures are performed on identified device(s) and Total Service Call Procedures are completed prior to leaving customer site.
- Follow prescribed administration procedures to ensure proper collection and reporting of required data, including, but not limited to; call acceptance, status updates, call closure and debrief, parts return and tracking.
- Manage local part inventory and ensure accurate tracking of inventory levels and transactions.
- Provide Meter Reads on Devices as needed.
- Present a positive image through proper attire, communication skills and personal grooming.
- Assume other special activities, responsibilities, and special projects from time to time as directed.
- Work closely with Operations and Project Teams during implementation and deployment of print technology and support services, including inventory collection and management, MADC tracking, and consumables management, while monitoring adherence to all SLAs.
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer and End User training as necessary; coordinate support for improved service diagnostics
- Conduct printer assessments to optimize fleet and ensure customer standards are met.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years experience in servicing printers, hard copy devices, or imaging products preferred.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent driving record.
- Valid WA driver’s license.
- Reliable Transportation REQUIRED.
- Sound administrative & computer skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is desirable.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of Lexmark products is desirable.
- Ability to frequently and properly lift up to 60 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Customer service oriented.
- Positive attitude .
- Ability to learn quickly.
- High School Diploma or GED
- $21.15 to $28.85/hr, depending on relevant experience, education, and technical skills
How to Apply ?
Are you an innovator? Here is your chance to make your mark with a global technology leader. Apply now!
We are proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Global Privacy Notice
Lexmark is committed to appropriately protecting and managing any personal information you share with us. Click here to view Lexmark's Privacy Notice.