Director, Strategy Advancement
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstCome join our IT Strategy team! We design and activate strategies to address healthcare opportunities and challenges with technology-enabled solutions. As a Director in our team you’ll enable Humana leaders as they leverage modern technology to deliver health care and insurance for patients and members. Our team operates at the evolving and mission-driven intersection of strategy, technology, and healthcare. This role offers you the chance to help lead and grow as we transform the information technology of healthcare.
Location: Remote Work Style - Preferred location would be based in Arlington, VA; Washington, DC - East Coast working hours.
- Create a clear strategy for IT, and harmonize that IT strategy with enterprise and business strategy in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Deliver executive-level presentations that frame data-based challenges, opportunities, and the strategic roadmaps to deliver outcomes
- Activate IT strategies by engaging business and tech leaders, handing off execution to operational teams, and driving follow-ups when appropriate
- Manage direct team members in our IT Strategy team and indirect team members through our many enterprise partnerships
- Inspire others to embrace and advance IT’s strategy through occasional teaching and coaching sessions that help Humana associates understand and enable IT strategy
- Familiarize yourself with emerging ideas and technologies, including disruptive ones
- Bachelor's degree
- Progressive experience with a top management consulting firm
- 6-10 years of corporate, business, and/or IT strategy experience working with executives, senior leaders, and subject-matter experts
- Passionate about continuously improving consumer and stakeholder experiences
- Skilled in strategy tools like presentations, documents, and data spreadsheets
- Readiness to work mostly East Coast hours
- Technology and/or digital transformation experience
- Health insurance, provider, and/or integrated health care experience
- Experience working with/in large organizations
- Business analytics and/or financial experience
- Master’s or other post-secondary degree
Use your skills to make an impact
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$164,700 - $226,600 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.