Senior Procurement Professional
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Senior Procurement Professional generates and implements efficient sourcing and category management strategies. Manages the company's supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending. The Senior Procurement Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Procurement Professional will report directly into the Associate Director of Procurement and will create category strategies, design sourcing plans, oversee negotiations, implement contracts, and drive successful supplier relationships. This Senior Procurement Professional will support the Business Process Outsourcing category, within the Human Capital Category portfolio. They will also be responsible for ensuring strong alignment with, and becoming a trusted advisor to, key functional leaders. The Senior Procurement Professional will also partner with business and sourcing leadership in Humana’s business segments to drive enterprise-wide value.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience Sourcing/supply chain/ vendor mgt, business to business commerce and or contracting experience
- Experience partnering and presenting to Senior Level leadership
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including assertiveness, courage, and the ability to influence others
- Excellent relationship management skills, demonstrating mature confidence and integrity
- Business analysis skills to drive and implement sourcing programs and services aligned with business partner strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, both as a lead and as a part of a team
- Ability to work in a team environment to collate and act upon feedback from all levels within the business and sourcing environments
- Strong financial and business acumen required
- Experienced in negotiations with third parties
- Project Mgt experience
- Experience with metrics and reporting
- Experience with Contract Mgt
- Experience with Negotiations
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.