Telephonic RN Bilingual Care Manager
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Bilingual Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Must be able to navigate multiple systems and use critical thinking skills.
This position will work with an assigned member population in Illinois over the phone performing health assessments, care planning, and education on chronic conditions and any gaps in their health care plans.
The working hours for this position are between 10:00am-6:30pm central standard time.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Currently residing in IL
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical acute care experience as a licensed RN
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Illinois with no disciplinary action
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English. Resume must be submitted in English.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English – ability to pass a language test will be required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to work 10:00am-6:30pm Central Standard Time
Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
Managed care experience
Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Additional Information - How we Value You
• Benefits starting day 1 of employment
• Competitive 401k match
• Generous Paid Time Off accrual
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Parent Leave
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.