Quality Assurance Professional 2
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Quality Assurance Professional 2 develops and implements programs to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees on the quality of care given to patients. The Quality Assurance Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Quality Assurance Professional 2 develops policies, procedures and methods to check operational quality and improve same. Trains and/or coaches staff and management in areas such as quality improvement, process management and reliability science. Maintains communications with administration, medical staff and department heads regarding quality assurance activities. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Prior experience working in a system analytics and/or data warehousing environment is required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent PC skills (including MS Word, Excel and Access) required.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Active PR RN License
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Experience in managed care or health care administration desired.
- Experience with CSM Medicare and Medicaid services and regulations
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using exciting virtual pre-screen technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a virtual pre-screen, you will receive an email and text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this virtual pre-screen, you will receive a set of questions to answer. You should anticipate this virtual pre-screen to take about 10-15 minutes.
Work at Home Connectivity Requirements
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended to support Humana applications, per associate.
- Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if they provide an optimal connection for associates. The use of these methods must be approved by leadership. (See Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL Connection in Exceptions, Section 7.0 in this policy.)
- Humana will not pay for or reimburse Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates for any portion of the cost of their self-provided internet service, with the exception of associates who live or work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
Language Proficiency Testing (English/Spanish): Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than Spanish and/or English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide their social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
This Is a remote Position
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.