Paralegal 2-Health Plan Contracting
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Paralegal 2 performs a variety of law-related tasks such as legal research, drafting legal documents and other related duties. The Paralegal 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Paralegal 2 performs a wide array of functions, including drafting legal documents such as agreements, amendments and memoranda, and sometimes performs legal and records research. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Establishes relationships within the Law Department and with other Company departments in order to enhance workflow between Law Department teams and business teams. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures. Assists attorneys in managing project deliverables.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year of litigation experience in a corporate law or law firm environment, or significant project management experience (no PMP Certification needed)
- With minimal supervision from the assigned attorney, be able to independently review and analyze a broad range of agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements and other documents
- Effective interpersonal skills, and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (emphasis in Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint), Adobe Professional and Lexis/Nexis
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proven organizational skills, as well as flexibility, and ability to manage multiple or competing priorities within designated time frames and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Litigation experience in Medicare and/or Medicaid insurance
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$69,800 - $96,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.