Pharmacy Technician, IPU
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Consultative Pharmacy Technician 3 certified Pharmacy Technician who acts as an intake for all calls from patients, pharmacies and providers. The Consultative Pharmacy Technician 3 performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
Location: Must live in PA to work remotely
IPU Technician (After Hours Position)
7 days on, 7 days off
Thursday: 8:00pm – 8:30am ET
Friday: 8:00pm – 9:00am ET
Saturday: 8:00pm – 9:00am ET
Sunday: 8:00pm – 8:30am ET
Monday: 10:00pm – 8:30am ET
Tuesday: 11:00pm – 8:30am ET
Wednesday: 11:00pm – 8:30am ET
Assists the IPU Technician Supervisor with handling the emergent needs of hospice patients in the IPU setting, as well as providing optimal customer service to the client
Essential Duties include but not limited to:
IPU Technician Responsibilities (Business Hours Position)
- Proficient in using the various functions of Docuware, Microsoft based applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams), Zetafax, and Infinity
- Capable of handling faxed medication orders without supervision.
- Has good knowledge of brand and generic drug names.
- Familiar with Formulary.
- Understands the importance of maintaining accurate MARs and the gravity of profiling medications in a timely manner and can efficiently and accurately build an IPU-MAR and other IPU patient profiles.
- Recognizes each IPU Model and can apply each IPU’s service and profiling specifics.
- Contacts the hospice to verify or obtain necessary information, can appropriately triage incoming calls and provide excellent and complete documentation.
- Able to perform at established IPU goals while maintaining profile accuracy and call quality.
- Proficient with ADS Troubleshooting
- Other duties, as assigned
After Hours IPU Technician Responsibilities (After Hours Position)
- All duties as outlined under IPU Technician responsibilities
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge of all afterhours protocols including, but not limited to: Customer Service issues, E3 Support, Vitas E3 Support, and afterhours specific processing for PCO related issues.
- Maintain accurate and precise call log documentation for every client / prescriber interaction
- Assist local pharmacies in adjudication of claims for emergent need medications
- Ability to appropriately escalate urgent requests
- Assist with Compliance / ADS reports
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to comprehend documents received via fax
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work and work well individually as well as within the department
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks
- Must possess excellent work habits
- Ability to oversee workflow in remote sites
- Ability to exhibit flexibility in tasks/scheduling, as requested.
- Able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily
- Adherence to schedule based on specified goal
Education and/or Experience
- One year of pharmacy technician data entry experience (2 years preferred)
- Must be in good standing following Company requirements
- Must have schedule flexibility
- Typing/data processing accuracy and speed required
- Good windows-based computer skills
- Proficient in Docuware and Infinity
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPhT preferred
WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expenses.
A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
Use your skills to make an impact
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email/text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.