Care Coach Coordinator- Broward County, FL - Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
We are looking for motivated and dynamic case managers that reside in Broward County, FL
This rewarding role allows you to spend time connecting with our members to ensure they receive the services they need. The Care Coach 1 role involves meeting members in their location, spending quality time assessing their needs and barriers and then connecting our members with quality services to promote their ultimate well-being and drive health outcomes. If you enjoy applying your creativity and skills to help those in need find long term solutions, this role is for is for you! Here at Humana we thrive on teamwork and highlighting the success of each of our team members. At Humana one of our main areas of focus is to inspire health in others. We are looking for individuals who enjoy talking to others about their health while providing education, motivation and encouragement. We also desire to cultivate the uniqueness in each of our associates as well as our members and are looking for individuals from various backgrounds who can bring their expertise to the role of the Care Coach 1. If you are looking for a new work family and team of dynamic professionals, we hope you will apply!
The Care Coach 1
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings – 75-90% local travel
- Assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being
- Planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs
- Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member's personal goals
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care
- Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member’s care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract
Use your skills to make an impact
- Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience (Health Services, Social Work, Psychology)
- Registered Nurse (RN), licensed in the state of Florida with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 6 years of Health Services/Case Management Experience
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Bilingual English/Spanish with ability to pass a Language Proficiency Exam
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
- Experience with electronic case note documentation and documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- 701B Certification
- Medication application (RFA) experience
#LPN #LicensedPracticalNurse #CaseManager #SocialWorker #Psychology #Bilingual
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.