Lead Software Engineer-Splunk
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstIT Enterprise Observability is excitedly seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer, should be expert proficient within Splunk and Cloud Platforms(AWS, specifically), editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps. As a lead software engineer, you will provide support for the full system engineering life-cycle. You will assist/lead with providing engineering, and administration in supporting complex and large Splunk environments consisting of search heads, indexers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders and contribute to defining operating standards.
If you take extreme ownership in your work, self-starter, great communications and team player; along with interested in being a lead contributor in optimizing and scaling Enterprise Observability Splunk Platform this is a wonderful opportunity to join a fantastic growing team!
The Lead Software Engineer will serve as the lead Splunk subject matter expert for Humana's Enterprise Observability Splunk platform team and work in partnership with Enterprise Security, Site Reliability Engineering and IT Operations teams. The selected candidate will be hands-on, perform troubleshooting, work through complex requirements/solutions and provide assistance/coaching with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of solutions.
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the teams on approach and tradeoffs.
- Provide coding and technical direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code
- Create automation of processes and self-servicing capabilities
- Develop advanced scripts for the manipulation of data to support analyst requirements.
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk in the environment.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration
- Establish and maintain configuration and technical support, assist in the technical design process, and provide guidance/direction to customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
The ideal candidate should be well versed and experienced in:
- Splunk platform performance monitoring best practices
- Splunk log data ingestion monitoring and alerting best practices using ML, statical/trend analysis
- Networking background
- Familiarity with common infrastructure technologies
- Experience with basic Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL)
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration model, web UI and Common Information Model (CIM) compliance
- Experience with automation, scripting (preferably Python), and programming
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with DevOps platforms
- Familiar with the fundamentals of agile project management
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders of varying technical and non-technical skillsets.
- Experience working in a highly secure / regulated environment.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ years of Splunk engineering or architect
- 5+ years’ Experience in GCP, Azure and AWS cloud platforms log ingestions to Splunk.
- Experience with Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) and Enterprise Analytic
- Splunk Certified Core Power use
- Splunk Certified Enterprise Admin
- Solid understanding of operations, technology, communications and processes
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Experience with interconnected, heterogeneous systems.
- Strong understanding of industry standards and technologies
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert Splunk application and dashboard developer using complex data searches.
- Experience optimizing applications to reduce impact on resources.
- Experience with Splunk administration, configuration, tuning large environments.
- Experience with data onboarding, Splunk TAs
- Experience managing complex data, specifically managing role-based access control, configuring roles and designing data onboarding to support current and future roles.
- Experience with Regex and custom scripting.
- Expertise in Splunk SPL and python
- Experience with Splunk Premium Apps - ITSI and Enterprise Security (ES) is plus.
- Experience with and very comfortable working in an agile environment.
Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
Health benefits effective day 1
Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay
401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
Scholarships for eligible dependents
Parental and caregiver leave
Employee charity matching program
Network Resource Groups (NRGs)
Career development opportunities
All Humana associates approved for the Home or Hybrid Home/Office work styles are required to self-provide wireless, wired cable or DSL access to the internet at the connectivity speeds required by the company to successfully perform their job with the exception of associates who live or work from home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Connectivity requirements are detailed below.
At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended to support Humana applications, per associate.
Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL connection is suggested.
Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if they provide an optimal connection for associates. The use of these methods must be approved by leadership. (See Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL Connection in Exceptions, Section 7.0 in this policy.)
Humana will not pay for or reimburse Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates for any portion of the cost of their self-provided internet service, with the exception of associates who live or work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first-round interview, you will receive an email/text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and computer, and you will provide recorded or text message/written responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to the next round of interviews.
Social Security Task
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information to the application at Humana’s secure website.
*This is a remote position
**Core Workdays & Hours: Must be able to work EST.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$126,800 - $174,500 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.