Manager; Aircraft Engineering
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Manager, Aircraft Engineering leads and oversees all aspects of the aircraft maintenance program to ensure that all aircraft remain in safe operating condition. The Manager, Aircraft Engineering works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of strategic goals and objectives and determines approach, resources, and schedules.
Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department. Collaborative leadership approach and enterprise mindset are paramount.
Representative Accountabilities and Duties Include:
· Planning and controlling aircraft maintenance
· Liaising with the national civil aviation authority on maintenance topics
· Supervising aircraft maintenance staff
· Liaising with all non-company persons or Approved Maintenance Organizations performing maintenance on company aircraft
· Ensuring that aircraft maintenance records as required by State regulations, manufacturers and company policy are established and maintained
· Ensuring that Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins that effect Flight Department aircraft are complied with appropriately
· Removing from service any aircraft that are unsafe, or that do not comply with national regulatory requirements
· Establishing Flight Department safety policies and procedures for ground operations
· Responsible for reporting any unsafe condition or personnel action to the designated Safety Officers or designee
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the physical facility (hangar, fuel farm, etc.).
Use your skills to make an impact
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience in maintaining aircraft or leading the aircraft maintenance function
- Valid and current passport, U.S. citizen
- Previous leadership or management of a team within a team setting
- Demonstrates knowledge of the planning, implementation and direction of the maintenance programs and control system for the aircraft operated
- Demonstrates knowledge of the national regulations and standards relating to aircraft maintenance
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving customer experiences
- This role is located in Louisville, KY within the HAC and open to applicants willing to relocate.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 or more years of management / leadership experience
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant and Inspection Authorization or equivalent certificates
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$123,800 - $170,300
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.