Benefits Administration Professional ; Leaves Management
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Benefits Administration Professional sets up and administers Leave of Absence, Paid Family Leave, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Claims in accordance with Humana’s protocols and employer specific service requirements. The Benefits Administration Professional work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
This position varies in responsibility starting with basic to complex, and may perform some or all of the duties in a more independent manner relative to their level, as listed below:
- Manages and tracks all aspects of job protected leaves including federal, statutory, employer sponsored leaves (i.e. FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PLOA)
- Incumbent is expected to administer a case load that meets industry standards of best practices.
- Acts as a resource to associates regarding the requirements and regulations of the above-mentioned leaves with company benefits and internal leave policies.
- Follow established procedures and policies to administer disability/PFL claims in a timely an Acts as a resource to clients and staff regarding the requirements and regulations of the above-mentioned leaves with company benefits and internal leave policies.
- Follow established procedures and policies to administer disability/PFL claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update leave/claim status and notes in the computer as appropriate.
- Coordinate coverage and administration of insured programs with the appropriate carrier.
- Review mail/email daily.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with external vendors and their associates to ensure customer service goals are met.
- Maintain and administer appropriate check cycle payments and procedures.
- Reconcile overpayment/underpayment occurrence.
- Coordinate return to work efforts with claimant, provider, and business line.
- Answer all telephone claim calls from claimants and carriers within 24 hours.
- Provide highest quality of customer service.
- Follow attendance policy: consistency in work schedule and punctuality.
- All other duties as assigned.
Use your skills to make an impact
Required Qualifications and skills:
- 3+or more years of leave management experience
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and possess the ability to document files accurately.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of Federal and Statutory regulations regarding FMLA, CFRA, and PDL
- Strong demonstrated ability to comprehend and integrate FMLA/CFRA programs.
- Strong demonstrated computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing with employees, supervisors, and external providers using tact and diplomacy when expanding decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to educate and consult on sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong planning, execution and organization skills to multitask in a high volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- If selected for hire within driving proximity to the Louisville; KY offices, this role will be considered hybrid, 2 days a week in office.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field desired
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems
- Bilingual English / Spanish (Preferred)
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
• Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
• Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.