Manager, Care Coordination
DescriptionHumana Healthy Horizons in Indiana is seeking a Manager, Care Coordination to lead teams of nurses and behavior health professionals responsible for care management. The Manager, Care Coordination works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules, and goals.
The Manager, Care Coordination oversees the assessment and evaluation of members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain an optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Manager makes decisions related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area and requires cross departmental collaboration, conducts briefings, and area meetings, maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Must reside in the state of Indiana.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Case Management, delivery of care for elderly or special needs populations, or in Medicaid and/or Medicare.
- 2+ years of management or supervisory experience.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license, or licensed Clinical Social Worker (CSW), Master of Social Work (MSW) with license in the State of Indiana.
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data trends.
- Progressive business consulting and/or operational leadership experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Work at Home Requirements
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
Additional Required Qualifications
- This role is a part of Humana's Driver Safety program and therefore requires and individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,00 limits.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Previous experience working in a managed care field.
- Previous experience in a field based or a homecare-based role.
- Direct Reports: A full team of Associates.
- Workstyle: Combination remote work at home with travel to support Care Coordinators in the field at member’s homes or in nursing facilities.
- Travel: Up to 50-75%, varies based on staff needs
- Core Workdays & Hours: Typically, Monday – Friday; typically, 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern or Central Standard Time with occasional rotating on-call/oversight during weekends and holidays.
- Benefits: Benefits are effective on day 1. Full time Associates enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision and a variety of supplemental insurances, tuition assistance and much more.....
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Social Security Task
Scheduled Weekly Hours40