Financial Reporting Professional
DescriptionThe Financial Reporting Professional prepares and distributes periodic financial statements for users other than those directly employed by the organization. The Financial Reporting Professional work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Financial Reporting Professional ensures all reports and related disclosures comply with applicable government regulations, professional standards and organization policies. Prepares investment portfolio related consolidation journal entries, eliminates intercompany transactions and consolidates divisional and subsidiary financial accounts in a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements. Manages investment level data and ensures monthly activity is appropriately reported within the investment accounting tool utilized by the Company. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Perform detailed account reconciliations, including researching outages and completing associated analysis.
Run, analyze and distribute monthly and quarterly reports.
Prepare GAAP and STAT journal entries.
Participate as a member of project teams to support new initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Less than 5 years of technical experience
- Ability to read and interpret financial data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuous improvement.
- Experience in accounting or reporting for investments.
- Experience/exposure with Power BI
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Social Security Task:
Scheduled Weekly Hours40