DescriptionThe Senior Accountant performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. The Senior Accountant work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance
- 5 or more years of technical experience
- Progressive leadership and management experience
- Prior experience within the financial industry
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Prior experience with SQL
The workstyle for this role, if one lives within a commutable distance, (within 50 miles) to the downtown Louisville, KY office, will be hybrid home/office – 2-3 days in office. If ones does not live within a commutable distance to the Louisville office, the workstyle will be fully remote, but must be able to work within the EST or CST time zone. Ideally candidates will reside within commutable distance to downtown Louisville, KY.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40