Supervisor, UM Administration
DescriptionThe Supervisor, UM Administration contributes to administration of utilization management. The Supervisor, UM Administration works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
The Supervisor, UM Administration provides non-clinical support for the policies and procedures ensuring best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members.
- Decisions are typically are related to schedule, plans and daily operations.
- Performs escalated or more complex work of a similar nature, and supervises a group of typically support and technical associates; coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight to associates.
- Ensures consistency in execution across team. Holds team members accountable for following established policies.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a team leadership role, examples include Subject Matter, Expert, SME, Quality Coaching, or Project Lead.
- Minimum 3 years customer service experience with heavy or high volume, call quality, with emphasis on the ability to de-escalate communications.
- Intermediate or better proficiency using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to give direction and make sound business decisions, while exercising good judgement and engaging in ethical behavior
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Additional Requirements / Adherence
Workstyle: Hybrid - Remote work
Location: Kentucky / Oklahoma
Preferred Location: Louisville
The business will request commuting to the Louisville market office if you reside within a 50-mile radius of Louisville.
- Must be able to work a scheduled shift between 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Possible weekends and rotating holiday coverage to support business needs.
Travel: Anticipated travel up to 1 time annually to the Louisville market office
Training/Start Date: January 29th 2024
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- Supervisory experience including hiring, training, coaching, and up to termination, preferably in call center setting
- Experience in an operational setting
- General understanding of economic, financial and operational concepts
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40