Care Management Support Professional 1, SDOH Coordinator
DescriptionThe Care Management Support Professional 1 [Housing Specialist] contributes to administration of care management. The individual in this role provides non-clinical support to the assessment and evaluation of enrollees' needs and requirements to achieve and maintain an optimal wellness state by guiding enrollees and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing. This role’s work assignments are mostly straightforward and of moderate complexity. The Housing Specialist is a regionally based role.
• Find community-based support to meet enrollees’ housing, transportation, food insecurity, education, and employment needs, in addition to other SDOH needs.
• Support Care Managers and Community Health Workers to find appropriate community housing resources and to address additional SDOH needs.
• Liaise among Humana Care Managers, providers, and community-based organizations to coordinate referrals for enrollees to community-based services and programs and to foster integrated efforts among all parties.
• Handle calls from Enrollee Services for callers who require resources and who are not participating in Care Management; can refer enrollee to Care Management after initial resource assistance.
• Assist with health screening process, unable to reach efforts, conduct non-clinical surveys, and offer Care Management services, as needed.
• Serve as a key knowledge source for community services and information for enrollees and other Humana associates.
• Implement community assessments to identify community resource gaps.
• Monitor enrollee compliance with their care plan and provide motivational interviewing to support medication and treatment adherence.
• Support enrollees’ self-management skills through the provision of culturally appropriate health education and health coaching
• Attend Humana community events to connect with enrollees and provide education on care management services.
• Build and maintain relationships with providers and community resources to support enrollee identification and referrals.
- Minimum two (2) years prior experience working with community housing resources, community health agencies/social service agencies (Area Agency on Aging, DME providers, Meal on Wheels etc.)
- Minimum 1-year professional experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Decision making skills regarding own work approach/priorities, and work assignments, standards, and resources.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Must reside in Oklahoma, Occasional travel to office for staff meetings, training, etc.
- Associate degree
- Related clinical licensure or certification pr
- Experience with behavioral change, health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Native Tribal, Vietnamese, or other)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40