Senior Specialty Consultative Pharmacist
DescriptionThe Senior Specialty Consultative Pharmacist processes and dispenses Specialty Rx medication. The Senior Specialty Consultative Pharmacist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Specialty Consultative Pharmacist applies clinical and operational expertise to ensure effective and compliant processing and dispensing of Specialty pharmacy prescription orders to be mailed to patients' homes and/or provider offices. Interacts directly with Providers and Patients to solve complex and/or escalated issues related to Specialty Rx medication including resolving issues related to drug interactions and dependencies. Develops and integrates programs developed to improve overall health outcomes with a focus on Specialty prescription drugs. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have an active license with the Board of Pharmacy in the appropriate state.
- Ability to participate in Federal prescription programs
- Ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving
- Work ethic that is focused, accurate, and highly productive
- Proficient with computers
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- 3 plus years' experience in a high volume community or mail order pharmacy practice environment
"This is a remote position"
All candidates for this position must reside in the states of OH, FL or AZ
Scheduled Weekly Hours40