RN Clinical Educator
DescriptionThe RN, Clinical Educator will plan, direct, coordinate, evaluate, develop, and deliver trainings and education programs for professional nursing, social work, and nonclinical personnel. The RN, Clinical Educator work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate course of action. The RN, Clinical Educator develops educational goals and plans for new associate orientation, ongoing training, and professional development in virtual and in person instructor-led trainings for clinicians and non clinicians. Training programs may include, but are not limited to, Care Management, Utilization Management, and/or Compliance.
- Selects appropriate training materials.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and exchanging information, engages the learner, and produces the desired outcomes
- Monitors training personnel records to ensure that associates have met all company training requirements for company, quality, and regulatory compliance.
- Analyzes course evaluations to judge effectiveness of training sessions, develops new training based upon identified needs, and implements suggestions for improvements.
- Evaluates the relevance of online resources to complement the facilitated experience in the fields as appropriate.
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
- Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Periodic travel to Humana Oklahoma City office for meetings and training
- Unrestricted Oklahoma RN license
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
- Previous work experience in training and learning development.
- Experience in the development of educational materials.
- 2 or more years of clinical training or learning development experience.
- Understanding of curriculum design and adult learning principles.
- Experience using a wide variety of training tools to effectively facilitate to a wide audience of clinicians and non clinicians.
- Experience managing projects or processes.
- Strong presentation skills in presenting virtually and in person.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple layers of leadership within an organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- MSN Degree
- Experience with clinical documentation system platforms.
- Technology experience with Learning System platforms.
- Experience with developing training and educational materials for technology platforms.
Health benefits effective day 1. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
- Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay, Recognition pay.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Tuition assistance, Scholarships for eligible dependents.
- Parental and caregiver leave.
- Employee charity matching program.
- Network Resource Groups (NRGs).
- Career development opportunities.
Must have a Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and the ability to travel within the state, as required
This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
Work at Home Criteria
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense. •Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$69,800 - 87,000
Scheduled Weekly Hours40