Provider Contracting Professional 2
DescriptionThe Provider Contracting Professional 2 initiates, negotiates, and executes physician, hospital, and/or other provider contracts and agreements Humana's CarePlus Organization. The Provider Contracting Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Provider Contracting Professional 2 communicates contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement rates to providers for Humana's CarePlus Organization. Analyzes financial impact of contracts and terms. Maintains contracts and documentation within a tracking system. May assist with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Humana/CarePlus offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay
- Recognition pay
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Tuition assistance
- Scholarships for eligible dependents
- Parental and caregiver leave
- Employee charity matching program
- Network Resource Groups (NRGs)
- Career development opportunities
- 2+ years of experience in negotiating and servicing managed care contracts with physician, hospital and/or other provider contracts.
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial impact of contract terms, payment structures and reimbursement rates to providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must live within the West Coast region of Florida (Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Hernando)
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of MS Access
- Experience with ACO/Risk Contracting
- Experience with Value Based Contracting
This role is considered "remote/work at home", however, you must live within the Western region of Florida to be considered for this opportunity as you will be required to travel to providers within the region.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40