Senior Compensation Professional
DescriptionThe Senior Compensation Professional develops, implements, and administers compensation programs and works on problems of diverse scope and complexity where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Compensation Professional is a role that requires a highly motivated and intellectually agile individual. In addition to leveraging your analytical and technical skills, you will be asked to apply business and financial acumen to complex business challenges. Through diligent observation, participation and research, you will develop an understanding of business needs and objectives and then assimilate and evaluate information to generate insights and guidance within the organization.
- Participate in design, development and administration of Humana’s enterprise compensation programs including base pay, annual incentives, other bonus/reward programs, and career framework with a focus on process and technology
- Leverage knowledge of both pay practices and technology/system functionality (Workday) to identify enhancements that improve our ability to execute on the compensation strategy and increase operational efficiency
- Provide input and guidance in M&A integration discussions; outlining feasibility, potential options and recommendations to effectively integrate compensation programs and processes
- Monitor and assess impacts of pay legislation and regulatory changes across the US (federal, state, county, and city); serve as subject matter expert on legal requirements related to FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, pay transparency, pay equity, EEO pay data reporting, etc.
- Lead projects or initiatives to ensure necessary program or process changes are implemented to ensure regulatory compliance through collaboration with Comp, TA, HR Tech, Legal and other key partners as needed.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and work under minimal supervision
- 4+ years of experience in compensation, finance, consulting or a related field supporting HR organization
- Prior compensation experience evaluating pay program requirements and developing recommendations to meet business objectives
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to compensation in areas such as FLSA, minimum wage, pay transparency, equal pay, etc.
- Proficiency with compensation management processes in Workday and MarketPay
- Ability to synthesize complex data into meaningful insights that support decision-making
- Demonstrated project management experience; clearly communicating and successfully executing project or initiative goals.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong research and problem solving abilities
- Previous experience working within a team-based atmosphere with shared responsibility
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and self-driven with an ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Human Resources or another similar field.
- Experience in Workday HCM, Compensation and Advanced Compensation modules
- Prior experience translating business needs into technical system requirements
- Prior experience analyzing data and metrics to implement change in departmental processes
- Experience advising leaders on complex business challenges
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
• Work-Life Balance
• Generous PTO package
• Health benefits effective day 1
• Annual Incentive Plan
• Well-being program
• Paid Volunteer Time Off
• Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana!
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
• Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
• Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$84,600 - $116,300 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.