Senior Financial Analytics Professional
DescriptionHumana's Trend Analytics and Forecasting team is seeking a Senior Financial Analytics Professional manages data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues. The Senior Financial Analytics Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Financial Analytics Professional collates, models, interprets and analyzes data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends. This role will require the associate to explain variances and trends as well as enhance modeling techniques. A background in Finance or Actuarial areas of practice is necessary for success. This associate will influence the department’s strategy by making decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components and interpretation and communication of results. The work is performed without routine direction. This associate will be able to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
In addition, the Senior Financial Analytics Professional will:
- Support the trend bender process in developing and maintaining underlying base data
- Develop and maintain valuations for key cost savings initiatives achieved through network re-contracting and provider engagement
- Collaborate with peers across multiple analytical and operational departments to develop operational assumptions and projections
- Create/maintain SAS projects and Excel based models to support valuation of corporate and market management initiatives to reduce medical claims, and ensure inclusion on the scorecard
- Present initiative results to customers, business partners and leadership providing commentary on developing trends, changes to valuation and updates to projections
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Experience in compiling, modeling, interpreting and analyzing data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends
- Must be able to explain variances and trends and enhance modeling techniques
- Experience working with moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Experience working with relational database structures
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide and SQL
- Master's Degree
- Financial or actuarial background
- Experience with reporting software (PowerBI, Qlikview, etc)
- Experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
- This position will be located in Louisville, KY. Ideally candidates will reside in Louisville, KY or within commutable distance to have a hybrid work schedule at our headquarters in Louisville.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Social Security Task:
Scheduled Weekly Hours40