Manager, Care Management, Behavioral Health
At Humana, caring is everything. You look after our members and patients. We look after you. If caring means something to you too, we’ve got a spot for you. We design competitive and flexible benefits packages to provide our employees a sense of financial security now and in the future.
Fostering a culture of inclusion is part of the fabric of who we are. We must have a workplace that reflects the people we serve and thrives in part because every person can bring their whole self to work to do their best work. Our vibrant, diverse culture and environment of inclusion is one of our greatest strengths.
About Humana Healthy Horizons
Humana Healthy Horizons is more than a health plan. We’re human care. Humana Healthy Horizons focuses on helping people achieve their best health. Our dedicated strategies across various markets and states are enabled by partnerships with state and local governments, community-based organizations, and national partners committed to removing barriers to helping people achieve their best health.
The Manager, Care Management Behavioral Health leads teams of nurses and behavioral health professionals responsible for care management. The Manager, Behavioral Health Care Management, works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules, and goals.
- Oversees the assessment and evaluation of members' behavioral health needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members.
- Makes decisions related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area.
- Works cross departmentally and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license, bachelor’s degree Nursing (BSN)
or a Licensed Master Level Social Worker ((LCSW, LMSW, LMSW-ACP, CSW, LPC, LMFT)
- 5+ years of Behavioral Health professional experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data trends.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Medicaid and/or Medicare Enrollees to coordinate services, care needs, or benefits.
- Previous experience working in a managed care field.
- 5 or more years of previous management/supervisor level experience
- Certification, Case Management
- Licensed Processional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Licensed Professional Art Therapist (LPAT)
This role is based in Oklahoma.
- Workstyle: This is a remote position
Health benefits effective day 1. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
- Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay, Recognition pay.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Tuition assistance, Scholarships for eligible dependents.
- Parental and caregiver leave.
- Employee charity matching program.
- Network Resource Groups (NRGs).
- Career development opportunities.
Work at Home Criteria
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40