Description• This a remote nationwide position
Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting, Medicare Dental and Vision
Job Description Summary
The Actuary role on the Individual Specialty team within Insurance Products Actuarial (IPA) is an opportunity to provide trend analytics and financial forecasting for the dental and vision mandatory supplemental benefits (MSB) line included within Humana's growing Medicare Advantage business. Benefit analytics and consulting, trend analysis, and experience modeling will be key areas of focus. The actuary will lead one Associate Actuary, present forecasts to business stakeholders, and work collaboratively to capture key insights that improve overall risk management.
Apply today to learn more about this career opportunity.
The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting role will develop the financial forecast for the dental and vision lines within the Medicare Advantage business. As this area of our Medicare business continues to grow, the Actuary will be an integral part of analyzing and forecasting cost and utilization data to provide insights for strategic decisions.
The Actuary role will:
- Develop and maintain the actuarial forecast model used to analyze and forecast cost and utilization data to provide accurate and timely information for the enterprise’s LTP cycles and for strategic and operational decisions
- Maintain experience dashboard to analyze emerging experience and to assess adequacy of budget and bid pricing rates
- Maintain utilization trend model to project short- and long-term utilization trends of various cohorts of members, including to provide trend inputs to Humana’s Medicare Advantage Bid pricing team
- Build and maintain analytics tools to ensure business partners can monitor emerging experience
- Utilize machine learning, predictive modeling and other statistical techniques to forecast business performance and manage risk
- Apply appropriate methodologies and develop assumptions to project the financial impact of potential dental and vision scenarios which involve complex issues
- Utilize data to create insightful and actionable business information
- Make decisions on moderately complex to substantially complex issues regarding technical approach and analysis of situations that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors for project components.
- Communicate high level summary results to business partners and leadership
- Complete individual projects, as well as other projects in a dynamic and flexible team environment, with minimal oversight
- Prepare and maintain documentation of all processes
- Have ownership of work and milestones
- Lead a team of 1 Associate Actuary
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- 3+ years of health actuarial work experience
- 3+ years of technical experience in data analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and/or other data systems
- 5+ years of experience in developing, maintaining, and/or overseeing complex actuarial, financial, and/or data science models
- Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to influence leaders at a variety of levels and build consensus
- ASA with at least 3 years experience in the health industry
- FSA with at least 1 year experience in the health industry
- Advanced experience with SQL, SAS and/or other data systems
- Advanced experience with tools such as Tableau and Power BI for creating data visualizations
- Proficient in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Proficient in creating analytics solutions
- Open to all Humana remote working locations and work at home candidates
Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Humana is more than an equal opportunity employer, Humana’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our Humana roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$126,800 - $174,500 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.