Sr. Provider Engagement Professional (Puerto Rico 75% travel, Spanish/English)
DescriptionThe Provider Engagement Professional 2 develops and grows positive, long-term relationships with physicians, providers and healthcare systems in order to support and improve financial and quality performance within the contracted working relationship with the health plan. The Provider Engagement Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Provider Engagement Professional 2 represents the scope of health plan/provider relationship across such areas as financial performance, incentive programs, quality and clinical management, population health, data sharing, connectivity, documentation and coding, HEDIS and STARs performance, operational improvements and other areas as they relate to provider performance, member experience, market growth, provider experience and operational excellence. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 - 5 years of Health care or managed care with Provider Contracting, Network Management or Provider Relations experience
- Proven planning, preparation and presenting skills, with established knowledge of reimbursement and bonus methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is part of Humana's driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Master's Degree
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting financial trends for health care costs, administrative expenses and quality/bonus performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare policies, processes and procedures
Field - This is a field position where employees perform their core duties at non-company locations, such as providing services at business partner facilities or prospects' and members' homes.
This position will be performed at the employees home/office 25% of the time and traveling to Provider Office locations in your assigned area 75% of the time.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants may be asked to provide their Social Security Number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40