DOD SkillBridge Intern - Medicare Sales Field Agent
DescriptionAre you transitioning from the Military and looking for a DOD SkillBridge Internship opportunity? Are you passionate about the Medicare population, looking for an opportunity to work in sales, and wanting the ability to directly impact your own income potential? If so, we are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to join our team.
Our DOD SkillBridge Internship program will help you obtain your licensing and certification to allow you the ability to sell Medicare plans. Our training program will provide you with the fundamentals needed to sell individual health plan products and educate beneficiaries on our services in a field setting.
In this field position, you will work closely with a mentor to build community relationships, drive self-generated sales, and meet sales goals and metrics. You will be interacting with Humana’s customers, external business partners and the community we serve through face-to-face, telephonic, and virtual interactions. Our Medicare Sales Field Agents sell individual health plan products and educate beneficiaries on our services in a field setting. Some of our additional products include: Life, Annuity, Indemnity, Dental, Vision, Prescription, and more. Humana has an inclusive and diverse culture welcoming candidates with multilingual skill sets to service our consumers.
- You must be a transitioning Servicemember that already has approval to participate in the DOD SkillBridge program
- Prior experience using multiple applications/software and multiple screens simultaneously
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Must reside in the local territory that you would like to participate in the DOD SkillsBridge program
- Active Health Insurance license
- Active Life Insurance license
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Engaged with the community through service, organizations, activities and volunteerism
- Bilingual with the ability to speak, read and write in both English and an additional language without limitations or assistance
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and an understanding of or comparable knowledge of CRM tools and other sales/marketing resources
- While we have many positions open across the United States and Puerto Rico, this internship must have the availability at your desired location(s) for you to be considered.
- Upon completion of our training program you must be able to complete and pass the insurance licensing exams and the AHIP certification (all paid for by Humana).
- At the completion of the DOD SkillBridge Internship program, the goal is to transition you to full-time employment with Humana as a Medicare Sales Field Agent. However, this is not guaranteed.
- Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
Full time associates enjoy:
- Base salary with a competitive commission structure and a monthly guarantee
- Medical, Dental, Vision and a variety of other supplemental insurances
- Paid time off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a competitive match
- Tuition reimbursement and/or scholarships for qualifying dependent children
- And much more!
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an offer will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using exciting virtual pre-screen technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a virtual pre-screen, you will receive an email and text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this virtual pre-screen, you will receive a set of questions to answer. You should anticipate this virtual pre-screen to take about 10-15 minutes.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$0 - $0 per year
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers benefits for limited term, variable schedule and per diem associates which are designed to support whole-person well-being. Among these benefits, Humana provides paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings plan, employee assistance program, business travel and accident.