Care Coach 1, Transition Coordinator
At Humana, caring is everything. You look after our members and patients. We look after you. If caring means something to you too, we’ve got a spot for you. We design competitive and flexible benefits packages to provide our employees a sense of financial security now and in the future.
Fostering a culture of inclusion is part of the fabric of who we are. We must have a workplace that reflects the people we serve and thrives in part because every person can bring their whole self to work to do their best work. Our vibrant, diverse culture and environment of inclusion is one of our greatest strengths.
About Humana Healthy Horizons
Humana Healthy Horizons is more than a health plan. We’re human care. Humana Healthy Horizons focuses on helping people achieve their best health. Our dedicated strategies across various markets and states are enabled by partnerships with state and local governments, community-based organizations, and national partners committed to removing barriers to helping people achieve their best health.
Humana Healthy Horizons is seeking Transition Coordinators (Care Coach 1) to assess and evaluate Enrollees’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness by guiding Enrollees and their families toward resources appropriate for the Enrollees’ care and well-being. The Care Coach 1 Transition Coordinator work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
- Facilitates, promotes, and advocates for Enrollee’s ongoing self-sufficiency and independence.
- Oversees Enrollee transition and discharge planning activities between healthcare settings, managed care entities, and age transitions.
- Assists enrollees with care transitions collaborating with the interdisciplinary team, facilities, and enrollees and/or their representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social work, human services, or Unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN, LPC or LSW) in the state of Oklahoma
- 1 year of experience in hospital and/or Medicare/Medicaid Programs.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Prior experience in healthcare/ and or case management
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Medicaid and/or Medicare Enrollees to coordinate services, care needs, or benefits.
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits.
- This role is considered member facing and is part of Humana Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Must reside in Oklahoma with the ability to travel within the area.
This is a field position in Oklahoma
Health benefits effective day 1. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
- Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay, Recognition pay.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Tuition assistance, Scholarships for eligible dependents.
- Parental and caregiver leave.
- Employee charity matching program.
- Network Resource Groups (NRGs).
- Career development opportunities.
Work at Home Criteria
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$47,700 - $59,700
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40