Financial Underwriter - Group Medicare
DescriptionAn exciting opportunity exists to join Humana’s Group Medicare Underwriter team as a Financial Underwriter. This position underwrites for medical and pharmacy and will compute rates for both renewing and prospective group accounts. The Financial Underwriter will perform a variety of research and analytical work assignments which are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Group Medicare Financial Underwriter prepares rating for small to mid-size accounts along with limited variety of financial reports for groups offering retirement benefits to Medicare eligible members. Provides rationale and support to other areas within the organization and to clients regarding rate computations and financial activity. Provides accurate analysis of financial and benefit exhibits. Demonstrates effective planning and time management and has clear and concise communication skills. Exhibits attention to detail and organizational skills. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
• Basic knowledge of risk pool management
• Basic knowledge with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to follow process.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Analytical skills and creative problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
• Experience analyzing health related data
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics or a related field
• Prior underwriting or financial analysis/risk analysis experience
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership.
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40