Care Coach Coordinator - Tallahassee, FL
DescriptionThe Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
We are looking for motivated and dynamic case managers that reside in the following areas: Tallahassee, FL
This rewarding role allows you to spend time connecting with our members to ensure they receive the services they need. The Care Coach 1 role involves meeting members in their location, spending quality time assessing their needs and barriers and then connecting our members with quality services to promote their ultimate well-being and drive health outcomes. If you enjoy applying your creativity and skills to help those in need find long term solutions, this role is for is for you! Here at Humana we thrive on teamwork and highlighting the success of each of our team members.
At Humana one of our main areas of focus is to inspire health in others. We are looking for individuals who enjoy talking to others about their health while providing education, motivation and encouragement. We also desire to cultivate the uniqueness in each of our associates as well as our members and are looking for individuals from various backgrounds who can bring their expertise to the role of the Care Coach 1. If you are looking for a new work family and team of dynamic professionals, we hope you will apply!
The Care Coach 1
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings – 75-90% local travel
- Assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being
- Planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs
- Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member's personal goals
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care
- Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member’s care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract
- Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience (Health Services, Social Work, Psychology)
- Registered Nurse (RN), licensed in the state of Florida with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 6 years of Health Services/Case Management Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish with ability to pass a Language Proficiency Exam
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- See Home Internet Standards below
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
- Experience with electronic case note documentation and documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- 701B Certification
- Medication application (RFA) experience
#LPN #LicensedPracticalNurse #CaseManager #SocialWorker #Psychology #Bilingual #LI-Remote
Scheduled Weekly Hours40