Senior Project Manager - Finance Operations and Innovation
DescriptionThe Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Project Manager designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing the project; monitors progress and performance against the project plan; takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers the resources to complete the project. Prepares designs and work specifications; develops project schedules, budgets, and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. Communicates with other operational areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project. Conducts meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project. Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
The Senior Project Manager leads the cloud modernization adoption for Finance Operational and Trend Analytics. Senior Project Manager collaborates with data engineers, cloud architects, citizen data scientist, product owners/managers and organization leaders/executies to make progress on the modernization roadmap. Senior project manager demonstrates basic understanding on cloud tools and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of technical experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Experience working with Finance or Actuarial organizations.
- Basic understanding of cloud tools and technologies
- Experience with SharePoint creation and management
- Experience with data analysis or SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in science with minor in business
- Bachelor's degree in business with minor in technology
- Experience being part of a Technical Shared Service Organization
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Experience managing digital/cloud transformation and modernization roadmaps.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Social Security Task:
Scheduled Weekly Hours40