Benefits Administration Professional ; Leaves Management
DescriptionThe Benefits Administration Professional sets up and administers Leave of Absence, Paid Family Leave, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Claims in accordance with Humana’s protocols and employer specific service requirements. The Benefits Administration Professional work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
This position varies in responsibility starting with basic to complex, and may perform some or all of the duties in a more independent manner relative to their level, as listed below:
- Manages and tracks all aspects of job protected leaves including federal, statutory, employer sponsored leaves (i.e. FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PLOA)
- Incumbent is expected to administer a case load that meets industry standards of best practices.
- Acts as a resource to associates regarding the requirements and regulations of the above-mentioned leaves with company benefits and internal leave policies.
- Follow established procedures and policies to administer disability/PFL claims in a timely an Acts as a resource to clients and staff regarding the requirements and regulations of the above-mentioned leaves with company benefits and internal leave policies.
- Follow established procedures and policies to administer disability/PFL claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update leave/claim status and notes in the computer as appropriate.
- Coordinate coverage and administration of insured programs with the appropriate carrier.
- Review mail/email daily.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with external vendors and their associates to ensure customer service goals are met.
- Maintain and administer appropriate check cycle payments and procedures.
- Reconcile overpayment/underpayment occurrence.
- Coordinate return to work efforts with claimant, provider, and business line.
- Answer all telephone claim calls from claimants and carriers within 24 hours.
- Provide highest quality of customer service.
- Follow attendance policy: consistency in work schedule and punctuality.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years of leave management experience
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and possess the ability to document files accurately.
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal and Statutory regulations regarding FMLA, CFRA, and PDL
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and integrate FMLA/CFRA programs.
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, and Web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing with employees, supervisors, and external providers using tact and diplomacy when expanding decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to educate and consult on sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong planning, execution and organization skills to multitask in a high volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- If selected for hire within driving proximity to the Louisville; KY offices, this role will be considered hybrid, 2 days a week in office.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field desired
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems
- Bilingual English / Spanish (Required)
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
• Work-Life Balance
• Generous PTO package
• Health benefits effective day 1
• Annual Incentive Plan
• Well-being program
• Paid Volunteer Time Off
• Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana!
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
• Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
• Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40