Strategy Advancement Advisor
DescriptionThe Strategy Advancement Advisor builds local market presence for Humana Healthy Horizons, the Medicaid business of Humana Inc., preparing the markets for upcoming bids for state Medicaid managed care programs. The Strategy Advancement Advisor works with Business Development Market Vice Presidents (VPs) to understand the healthcare landscape, setting strategy and solutions to improve health and well-being outcomes for our members, and establishing relationships with key partners at the state and local levels.
You will be part of a caring community at Humana.
When you meet us, you can tell we started as a hometown company. We’re proud of our Louisville roots and, as we’ve grown, that community feeling has spread across all 50 states and Puerto Rico. No matter where you are—whether you’re working from home, from the field, from our offices, or from somewhere in between—you’ll feel welcome here. We’re a caring community made of close-knit teams, cross-country friendships, and inclusive resource groups, all gathered around one big table where everyone’s voice is heard and respected. Community is a verb here. It’s up to each of us to care for it and maintain it. Because the relationships we form will help us deliver better health outcomes for the people we so proudly serve.
Are you Caring, Curious and Committed? If so, apply today!
The Strategy Advancement Advisor works closely with Medicaid Business Development and Proposal leaders to identify and determine strategies to propose in the company’s responses to Requests for Proposals. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Specific responsibilities include:
- Collects and analyzes state-specific health and social determinants of health data to create a foundational understanding of a state’s health care and Medicaid landscape
- Works with Market VP, Business Development to develop the framework and strategies to address the health care needs and priorities within a state
- Works with Market VP, Business Development to identify key organizations and associations, advocacy programs, and support networks to develop robust networks and partnerships
- Works with Community Outreach and Engagement Lead, Business Development to build visibility and credibility of Humana Healthy Horizons in local markets
- Works in a highly matrixed organization and collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders; able to navigate and support these relationships with professional etiquette
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding approach, engagements, and works under minimal supervision
- Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action
This is a remote position
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' of Medicaid Managed Care experience
- 2+ years' of project leadership experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint and video conferencing platforms including Zoom, Teams and WebEx
- Bachelor or Master degree in Public Health or Healthcare Administration
- 3+ years' of Business Development or Proposal Management experience
Your growth is what drives Humana forward.
- When you get here, the journey is just beginning. Our leaders are committed to understanding what you need to grow. Because we don’t grow without you.
- This is a place where our nurses influence the C-suite.
- Where software engineers change lives.
- Where every associate can build a professional path where they learn and thrive.
- Through our commitments to wellbeing and work-life balance, we support each associate’s personal health, purpose, work style, sense of belonging, and security.
- Because finding new ways to put health first—for our members and patients and
our associates alike—is what we do.
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$112,400 - $154,900 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.