Senior Provider Contracting Professional
DescriptionThe Senior Provider Contracting Professional initiates, negotiates, and executes physician, hospital, and/or other provider contracts and agreements for an organization that provides health insurance. The Senior Provider Contracting Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Provider Contracting Professional communicates contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement rates to providers. Analyzes financial impact of contracts and terms. Maintains contracts and documentation within a tracking system. May assist with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- 3 or more years of progressive network management experience and network administration in a healthcare company
- Experienced in negotiating managed care contracts and managing relationships with large physician groups and ancillary providers
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial impact of contract terms, payment structures and reimbursement rates to providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must live within the State of North Carolina or bordering counties
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with ACO/Risk Contracting
- Experience with Value Based Contracting
This role is considered "remote/work at home", however, you must live within the State of North Carolina or bordering counties as you will be required to travel within the region.
Work at Home Information
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40