Legal Counsel-Health Plan Contracting
DescriptionThe Counsel work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. This position will be primarily focused on drafting and negotiating health plan contracts with providers and vendors for the provision or management of medical services.
The Counsel position provides counsel in a combination of disciplines. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
This position will assist in the drafting and negotiation of contracts with vendors and providers for the provision or management of medical services in the home. This work requires collaboration with multiple business segments within Humana.
This position will also assist markets and corporate leadership in the drafting and negotiation of provider and vendor contracts for medical services rendered in traditional facility or office settings.
- Juris Doctorate degree from a ABA accredited school law school
- 3-5 years of experience, with at least 1 year of contract drafting
- Active membership in a state bar association
- Strong legal writing and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently under general supervision and in team settings
- Demonstrate understanding of medical insurance provider network dynamics and apply this knowledge to situations, inquiries and document preparation
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate with and positively influence other
- Experience with Valued based contracting
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$136,200 - $187,400 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.