Finance/Accounting Rotational Internship Program
DescriptionWe are currently considering student candidates for our Spring 2024 rotation, which will begin on 1/16/2024.
Would you like to apply your classroom knowledge to a real-world setting in a dynamic industry? Do you want to gain experience in multiple areas of Finance/Accounting? Are you able to work year-round?
Humana is seeking a Finance/Accounting interns who will rotate through various areas within the organization and be responsible for a variety of activities and assignments such as creating financial transactions, analyzing financial data, and communicating with associates and leadership regarding financial information.
This opportunity requires for candidates to be within a daily commutable distance of Louisville, KY as there is an in-office requirement.
Humana Inc., a Fortune 41 company headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading healthcare company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Features of the Program
The program is structured to allow students the most exposure to different departments and colleagues. Individuals will work year-round, rotating into a new department approximately every 6 months in January and June. Some of the rotations may include:
- Accounts Payable
- Corporate Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Financial Operations
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Healthcare Economics
- Regulatory Compliance
- SEC Financial Reporting
- Corporate Strategy
Although responsibilities will vary by department, the following are examples of typical job duties:
- Account reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Preparation of tax schedules
- Monthly journal entry preparation
- Processing of accounts payable
- Audit walkthroughs and control testing
- Spreadsheet preparation and analysis
- Currently pursuing a Finance or Accounting undergraduate degree or a related graduate-level business degree/certificate (MBA, MAcc, Accounting Certificate, etc.)
- Enrolled in 9 or more credit hours (undergrad)/6 or more credit hours (grad) each semester
- Cumulative and Finance/Accounting GPA of 3.0 or better maintained throughout the program
- Completion of an intermediate Finance and/or Accounting course
- Ability to work 20-25 hours year-round in Louisville, KY
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, most importantly Microsoft Excel
- Organized, self-motivated individual who can balance school and work assignments
Work Eligibility: Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible
Scheduled Weekly Hours25