Senior Software Engineer- IBM BPM
The Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Maintaining parallel code base for various BPM process applications/toolkits by creating tracks Performing code merge, code development, code deployments using DevOps piplelines Ensuring no instance migration issues when migrating the instances from old snapshot to new one
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent hands-on experience
- 5 or more years of experience with IBM Business Process Manager/Management (BPM)
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Hands on experience with unit testing
- Hands on development of Webservices using Java
- Experience in writing SQL statements on SQL Server or any other RDBMS
- Ability to use DevOps
- Strong experience in developing test cases using JUnit, Mocking
- Good experience in writing the low-level details based on the Architecture provided
- Ability to work with offshore team
- Good communication skills
- Available to support all the production TURNS during late night implementation on monthly basis
- Ability to interface with cross work stream associates
- Ability to work with Scrum master to develop the work estimation
- Ability to articulate the issue and present the solution in front of other associates
- Master's Degree
- Experience in Health Insurance
It's not about what we think is important. It's what matters to you that counts. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our associates and their families.
You'll experience the following perks as a full-time Humana employee:
Compensation and Financial Security — Our pay philosophy is designed to motivate and reward associates for their skills and contributions to the company. We provide options to help you plan for your future and protect your assets: Competitive base pay, Recognition pay, 401(k) retirement savings plan (125% match for the first 6% contributed by an associate), etc.
Your Whole Health — Humana's health products and services are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family: Medical, dental, and vision benefits, Health plan incentives, Paternity leave, etc.
Work Perks — Humana knows your life extends outside of work. We have many options to support your interests and needs. Some departments have the flexibility to allow associates to work from home, and we offer all associates: Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time, jury duty pay, Associate charity matching program, Discount programs with major retailers, etc.
Grow With Us — Humana provides growth and career opportunities that can help you develop your skills and build your future with the organization: Internal and external learning events, Tuition assistance, Inclusion and diversity training, etc.
For more than 60 years, Humana has been a proven leader and innovator in the health and wellness industry. A passionate emphasis on people, choice, well-being, and innovation guide our business practices and culture. We're not just a health insurance company. Our diverse lines of business position us to serve millions of people with a wide range of needs, including seniors, military members, and self-employed individuals.
If you're looking for a career that provides opportunities for growth and development in a stable industry, Humana might be the right fit for you.
60 — We have been committed to seniors' health and care for nearly 60 years.
46K — We have 46,000+ associates.
#56 — Ranked #56 on the Fortune 500 list in 2019.
16.6M+ — We have 16.6+ million medical members across all 50 states.
12M — Since 2001, we have awarded more than $12 million in scholarships to children of Humana associates.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification.
You can find out more about us and view our current career opportunities at https://careers.humana.com.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
This is a remote position
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$95,300 - $143,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.