Director, Employer Group Distribution, Specialty
DescriptionThe Director, Employer Group Distribution Specialty is responsible for leading a field-based team who sells ancillary solutions to clients of all sizes within an assigned Group Market. The Director is responsible for leading business relationships with employer group clients, agents, and consultants in a market.
The Director will meet membership and growth targets by continuously optimizing talent responsible for new sales and cross-sales.
This person must reside in Atlanta, GA or surrounding area. Territory also includes Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct, attend, and manage local and sales operations meetings in order to provide sales development, teamwork, market strategies and training to local market team.
- Communicate and monitor sales results, trends and overall performance to hold the Sales team accountable for achieving identified targets.
- Develop market-specific strategies to optimize Humana’s pursuit tactics.
- Leads a team of Ancillary Sales Executives and Ancillary Small Business Representatives.
- Ensures the smooth transition of large clients between the New Sales and Client Management teams.
- Ensure timely delivery of prospect communication, contracts and reporting.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with national, regional and local firms.
- Serve as a key contributor on local market insights to the Group Growth Strategy.
- Provide customer, broker and partner insights that will inform the advancement of capabilities to improve sales performance, efficacy and productivity, while also driving competitive differentiation in the local specialty marketplace.
- Provide input to network leaders to refine network investments and team expansion at the market- level.
- Works collaboratively with various functional areas including Sales, Underwriting, Finance, Account Installation, Corporate Affairs, Marketing and Product development, Network and Account Service to meet objectives.
- Identify and communicate the need for improvements in Humana’s products and services.
- Deep understanding of market dynamics: competition, influencers, trends, history.
- Understands and communicates national and local strategies, goals, initiatives, process updates and operating principles.
- Develop team in key areas such as presentation skills, relationship management, reporting, analytics, implementation and local market dynamics.
- Builds the Humana Brand across the market in conjunction with outside organizations and key constituents.
- Identify other strategic relationships in the market and develop those circles of influence to drive business to Humana, Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent and relevant work experience
- Must reside in Atlanta, GA or surrounding area
- Valid State Health and Life insurance licenses
- 8 or more years of consultative selling experience in Medical and Specialty Sales, including selling to Large Groups
- 2 or more years’ experience leading a new business sales team selling to both large and small employers
- Valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with brokers, consultants, and employer groups
- Deep knowledge of the health insurance industry
- Understanding of competitive landscape in local market
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a positive manner
- Must be willing to travel 40% throughout territory and to company meetings as necessary.
- This position reports to the Regional VP, Employer Group Distribution • Specialty
- Currently, this person will be responsible for a team of 12 direct reports with growth anticipated
Scheduled Weekly Hours40